Tuesday 19 June 2012

Silly Signs Pt. 1

Anybody who has me on Facebook will most likely have seen all of these, however, the majority of my readers don't have me on Facebook, so I thought it could be fun to throw these into my blog as well!

Whilst I've been here in Vancouver, I've noticed a lot of weird or just "different" signs compared to what we have back in the UK. So, I started taking photos of them for a collection of Silly Signs. I'll randomly put them on here for enjoyment, so here goes: 

I found this sign deep inside Stanley Park, where I'm almost certain even the most skillful wheelchairer (yes I made up a word) couldn't access. Not only this, if for some reason they managed to traverse the forest floor, I highly doubt they would have been hurtling around corners at high speed. I just found it funny that the park deemed it necessary to warn people that wheelchair users may be around, what possible risk is there?

This sign was at our table at the bar below our hostel. It seems there is a rule here in British Columbia that ensures bars force feeds its drinkers. Maybe a ploy to prevent drunk and disorderly? Or just a way to make tourists spend more money? I'm unsure, but we tended to want to order food anyway.

This sign was on the wall in a Burger King. Clearly they didn't want people loitering for too long. I can't imagine why, considering I went there for a quick dinner and the place was pretty much completely empty. I hope this rule wasn't enforced too strictly, otherwise there could be families being thrown out if their children didn't eat quickly enough. I suppose it is "fast food" so I guess it's "fast eating" as well.  

I hit 500 page views today, which isn't a huge number, but a pleasing milestone, even if 50% of them are my mother :)I enjoy writing, so even if I only had a few views I wouldn't mind, but thanks to anyone who is following my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment