Sunday 15 July 2012

England Vs. Canada: Weather


I guess I can't really compare England's weather to all of Canada, as Canada's weather varies dramatically depending on where you are (for example, Toronto has blistering summers and arctic winters, whilst Vancouver has cooler summers and milder winters), whereas England's doesn't change a great deal in relation to where you live (It's a little warmer down south).

Vancouver takes a lot of stick from other places in Canada it seems, being given the nickname "Raincouver". I'll admit after my first few weeks here I could see why it had that name, it did rain a lot and the weather was far from summery for the entirety of June. However, July is a different story! 



For the past 2 weeks or so it has been sweltering heat. Well, sweltering by my standards. Around 22c to 27c each day as a minimum, and it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. It's not just that though, it's so humid here compared to England! Even in my house I am uncomfortably hot. We have all the windows open, including the balcony door. Don't get me wrong, I love warm, sunny summers. But I do like to be able to escape from it as well. God what I would give for air con in my apartment. I don't know how people live in places like Toronto, where it's easily in the 30c's daily. It's just TOO hot, and then they have winters that are like -20c. I'd take England's weather over that any day.

Vancouver's weather is similar to England, it's just England's "summer" lasts a week, whereas here the seasons are of a normal length. This weather will probably last well into August and by then I will be hoping for those rainy days England enjoys so much (not enjoying it so much recently it seems, with floods all over the country)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Knapman, come join us Melon Questers at mc.melonquest.com! Lots of old schoolers have moved there.

    ReplyDelete